Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Nice try, but maybe find an option that isn't engaged!

I was going to summarize this story, but she tells it so well, I nearly peed my pants laughing. I present to you the email I received this morning, in it's entirety. I've edited for grammar and consistency, because I can't stand bad grammar, (I'm sorry, I can deal with long sentences, but grammar and tense are essential), but my comments are in blue italics. I guess I should say she's my guest blogger today?

Backstory: Cara, as many know, is probably the most complimentary person ever. She just always has the most super-flattering stuff to say about people, almost to where you're embarrassed, and is very convincing when she tries to set people up. But it's nice, because she really means it - and hey, when you hear a freaking knockout herself say that you look pretty, you're thinking "heeeeeelll yeah I like this girl". BUT. She's...shall we say...a bit fiesty. And probably the only person ever who's more stubborn than me. Oh well, I guess this is what I get for the antics I've pulled over the years.

On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 6:22 AM, Cara K****y wrote:
Ummmmmmm
So...Dave and I got in this big fight before going to a cocktail party for his work last night, the fight was because he's going out of town this weekend. I wouldn't talk to him for a while, so when I got there I got a big drink and went in the lobby to go call you back to see if you want to go somewhere for Labor Day instead.

-the weird thing is that we've ALREADY had this conversation, about what I'm doing for labor day.

You didn't answer.
I got another drink.
Called again.
You didn't answer.
I got another drink.
Called again and you finally pick up.
Hello I'm drunk.

-no sh*t, you're drunk. I've checked my phone, all calls were received in about 20 minutes. That was a fast three or four drinks.

C: Molly whatcha doin for labor day
M: I think I'm just hanging here, doing a lot of nothing.
C: WHAT?
M: YES!
-yes, I was being sarcastic.
C:what are you doing then?
M: working, doing nothing.
C: no fun? no party?
M: Nah probably not.
C: Honey no, you are my urban citygirl who needs to go be Carrie Bradshaw and go find fabulous men and come back with stories.
-the other odd thing is, most of my Carrie Bradshaw moments have actually been WITH her...and really, I'm okay, I'd think that Carrie's life would absolutely exhaust me.
M: I'd love to, but Carrie has a lot more money than me. As for fabulous men...I can't get freaking arrested, remember?
-For the record, I am tired of this conversation, it comes up all too often lately.
C:I'monna fix that.
M:Oh, ok! yeah sure.
-again, sarcasm.
C: FINE. If I find you a date, you owe me your black nicole miller dress.
-ha! Which one?
M: Actually, I've already told anyone who wants to do this - you set me up, it works out for longer than six months, and I will pay you one thousand dollars.
C: I gotta go.
-Yet another conversation we've had before. I don't have $1,000 to give anyone, for the record. It was more in jest that I said the whole thing.

So I still hated Dave at this point. I was still in the lobby and I decided to go smoke
-know how everyone knows someone that "only smokes when they drink"? She only smokes when she's obliterated.
and I saw Ben, that guy that you had a class with in college,
-I didn't have class with him in college, I met him randomly in grad school, not college, and I seriously have spoken with the fella for a total of 30 seconds my entire life.

and I cornered him and played yenta for a whole hour.
-Oh no....
"BEN you HAVE to go out with her. She's smart and fun and low-maintenance
-HA! Low maintenance my ASS. I may be "laid-back" and don't tend to do much since I work from home, but if I need to get pretty...y'all know how long it might take...
and looks like cameron diaz and that girl from buffy"...all that stuff.
-Really, don't see it on either, but since Caroline Holbrook says Cameron as well, I'll take it...

Meanwhile I'm way too loud
-again, no shit...
and still way drunk
-ditto...
I would not let the guy go for an HOUR. He declined and I've now been told that I got mad at him for declining my invite to date my Molly. Dave finally tells me "Car, he has a FIANCEE."
....oh yeah. That's who that pretty girl who's been standing nearby giving me a death look for an hour is. Dave says "okay time to go Yenta"...
-Ben, I am sorry, I did not ask her to do this. Please give my regards to your lovely fiancee.

You think he'll ask me to go to a cocktail party again?
-That's a negative, Ghostrider.

5 comments:

Cara said...

I'm going to WIN that thousand dollars. When you're rich and famous I'm collecting. Out of curiosity, can I claim certain people for the six month thing?
How 'bout I get the ortho, HWSBF, and mikethelawyer...if any of those last 6 months, I win ;)

Mollypants said...

No, you can't do that. Mike counts for you, but trust me, he and I aren't gonna get together, I'm definitely not his style. As for the other two, you've never even seen either, so you didn't introduce either one of them to me. John would get ortho, and HWSDude, who doesn't even know my NAME, by the way, I found on my own. And I don't even know HIS name. Either way though, you're probably way barking up the wrong tree, I'm thinking...they're just not that into me. It's okay.
Seriously, I'm jinxing myself by even talking about any of this, so how bout we just sit back and you stop the madness? Really, my life = boring. Reports of my exciting life have been greatly exaggerated.

Cara said...

SO...if I find out the name of HWSBF and he knows your name because of me, does that count as introducing?

Mollypants said...

NO.

You have one foot over the line and one on a banana peel, missy. I'm warning you.

Drena said...

at least he said no to the date and wasn't a scum bag.