Thursday, August 14, 2008

Website woes...

I've been working on my website for the past few days and have been on the computer but really REALLY concentrated on the site. It's a little confusing, but I'll try to explain how I've gone about it.

First, I was thinking about a simple, easy website. It would have been:
-Title
-Four links:
-Portfolio: a gallery of my work, when you click on one image, it took you to a larger image of it. No pricing, just "contact the artist"
-Bio: my artist's statement (whenever that gets written), a brief biography, and notes on where my work has been shown.
-Contact info: duh.
-Commission information: walking through steps of how I do portraits and commissions.
-Maybe a link to a blog
-A picture of one piece of work that would change as I felt appropriate.

THEN I thought I should maybe split up the gallery: portraits/fine art, landscapes/urban scenes, abstract/figurative....the list could go on. Enter Dreamweaver.

NEXT, I thought "hey, maybe I should have a logo or a clean looking appearance to my name"...so I need to design a logo. Enter Adobe Illustrator.

I figure out I don't have good pictures of my work. Enter Photoshop.

I finally think "hey, I might want a slideshow instead of one picture on the home page"... enter Adobe Flash.

Thank God I have all these programs, but I have NO idea how to use most of them. I've picked up some stuff here and there, but nothing concrete. So my page is slowly but supposedly surely coming together. I don't know. I certainly hope so, but I've finally arrived at somewhat of a design.

In the meantime, I'm pretty much flat broke this weekend, so I'll be staying in and getting some work done. Kind of sad.

And I still really want a smoke.

No comments: