Saturday, August 2, 2008

Dumb thing I did #291623426

I came home from the shore, and despite being extremely exhausted, I cleaned my stuff out of my roommate's car. I was proud of myself.

I was also proud of myself because I've recently began to put my driver's license, debit card, insurance cards, grocery store cards and cash in my wallet and actually bringing my wallet when I go somewhere. Those of you that know me know that I'm famous for having these items floating loose around my bag, tied together with a hair-tie, or, in a true showcase of redneck roots, in a ziplock bag, also known as "my minimalist purse".

As I took more than one purse to the shore and packed rather haphazardly to come home - throwing stuff wherever it would fit - I ended up taking my wallet out of my last-used purse and putting it in the front seat with me for the drive home.

Melissa had to go to Delaware tonight for a wedding, and will probably not come home until late Sunday at the earliest. I have a check written to me that I need to deposit. We have nothing - I repeat NOTHING - to eat in our house. Seems like I'm in like Flynn - deposit check, go grocery shopping, nuff said. Nope. My wallet is STILL IN THE FRONT SEAT.

Now I'm sitting here cranky with myself - no money, no card, no food. I'm hungry. Goodness, I hope she gets home soon, because this small stash of peanut-butter-no-jelly, ham-no-burger won't last long.

No comments: