Thursday, May 1, 2008

Working hard or hardly working? You decide.

I've started calling my editor-man The Dude because he reminds me of one of the guys in The Big Lebowski. He's quite the character. Anyway, the Dude has gotten me to sign up for a service that hires bloggers to write paid posts, using the writer's own content to integrate reviews on all kinds of things, from products to movies to charities and all kinds of good stuff.

What does this mean for me?
-Cash. Free stuff. 'Nuff said.

What does it mean for you?
It depends.
-Nothing, if you don't care about it. They aren't tracking you, nor does anyone really have the technology to beyond what you already have on your computer in the way of cookies. I am not crazy about giving away anyone's privacy, so don't worry.
-Should you care to read them, honest reviews on stuff I care about and want to write about. I hereby swear that I'd never give a good review to anything I didn't really actually care about and didn't actually try myself and like enough to give a good review to it. Shoot, I've already given free plugs for stuff I just love anyway, so it wouldn't look any different than a normal posting in reality other than a small button on the ones I post.
-Fine quality entertainment for free by way of these people paying me to write more on the other stuff.
-A good karma feeling knowing that you've helped a starving artist and thirsty writer get her stuff going by keeping paints, brushes, pencils, canvas and printer paper readily stocked.
-The knowledge that you can say you were reading this back before everyone else started reading it. You provide your own "I'm too hip to like it now" attitude when I'm big and famous.
-An invitation to some sort of red-carpet-opening-slash-cool-people-in-dresses event as my date...let's be honest, if things keep the same pattern, I ain't gettin' a hot date any time soon.
-A coupon to tell me to shut-the-heck-up when I'm too big for my britches because of comments like the above.
-Since I only have smart friends and smart readers, the below link (and to the left on my site) to ask the service (PayPerPost) to review your own work, should you ever feel the need to take the leap and become a writer.


make money

No comments: