Friday, May 2, 2008

My old landlord is in for a PR awakening...

In November of 2007, I moved out of my old apartment and into a place about 10 blocks away. Like most tenants, I needed my security deposit from the old place immediately in order to recover some of the costs of moving. I was newly self-employed, burning through what little savings I had rather quickly, and generally needed the security deposit from my old place. 99% of the time, this is the end of the story, as most landlords return the money as soon as possible.

No dice.

My old landlord, Connie McKendrick, decided to simply avoid us. We wrote. Six times. We called. About twelve times. No money. We were told "the check is in the mail" more often than Wesley Snipes on an IRS customer service line. No money.

Connie also opened a designer denim store on the 100 block of South Street in the meantime. Yes, she had the money to pay us. She just didn't want to give us our money. Connie is also trying to break into the music business. Feel free to go hear her screeching on iTunes.

So what does a smart girl at the end of her rope do?

She buys www.conniemckendrick.com.

I will be posting the whole story on there, I'll let you know when it's up and running. It's aimed solely at getting what is rightfully mine returned to me.

Connie, if you want your name to not be blasted in a negative way on the internet, pay me my money. When you start making a name for yourself in the music biz (because if they'll give Paris Hilton a recording contract, they'll inevitably give anyone a contract), just know this: when your fans look your name up on the internet, www.conniemckendrick.com will be the first one they see. What will they see? That you're a liar, a thief and a slumlord.

If you'd like your name back, make me an offer for the domain name. I'll be happy to cut you a deal. Cash only.

No comments: