Monday, May 19, 2008

61,000 miles worth of adventure.

A big milestone for me today: My car is now officially mine.

I never had a car loan until I got this car, and quite honestly, I got talked OUT of paying it off. I don't have credit cards, I don't borrow money, and I hate loans. Quite honestly, I feel like my granddaddy did about money: If you can finance it, you can't afford it.

That being said, my 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo is for sale. I'm getting something and paying for it in cash, actually downsizing in cars. Probably another Jeep Wrangler.

It feels like the passing of an era. When I bought this car, I was leaving Atlanta to move to Boston. I was positive I was going to marry my now-ex-boyfriend, I had short hair, and I was getting ready to get a job in sales. Fast forward 45 payments, I'm living in Philly, getting ready to move to Lynchburg, have long hair and am working in art.

Go figure.

1 comment:

Terri said...

CONGRATS! I love the feeling of paying off my cars! Good advice form your Granddaddy, BTW.