Saturday, May 3, 2008

My brain is fried, I have a deadline and I want a bagel.

If I'm coming across as cranky today...it's because I'm cranky.

Tired, actually. I did not get any sleep last night. Not one wink. The synapses in my brain are just...not...happening now. Which scares me, because I have to finish writing for another site this morning. I'm debating just taking the laptop to a place where there is NOT any wifi and not allowing myself to get up until I've gotten it done.

Since I'm absolutely stupid right now, if you feel like being a proofreader today, please holla. My stuff got Dugg (see these pretty little buttons below? They do stuff!) and when I cranked on FeedBurner, I discovered that I already had a fair number of readers from odd places like Nebraska and Texas. Everything had good reviews but I had one person correct a grammar error. Considering I'm the grammar nazi - don't evvvvver say "I could care less" when you mean "I couldn't care less" or I'll snap - I was very disappointed in myself. Really, I was. Since that work gets seen by a lot more people than on this site, I have to get my act together.

It's 6:15 right now and I have never wanted a bagel more. I haven't had one in two years or so (just don't care for breakfast) but I'm wondering if Whole Foods serves bagels and coffee, because it's all I want at this very moment.

No comments: