Monday, May 19, 2008

Pictures from home

I just took these for the hell of them, so don't expect a professional job here. As usual, I brought a camera with me everywhere when I went out with my friends but I don't have ONE single picture of going out with all of them. I'll be back in June so I'll get some of those done then.

Taken on the drive home, between DC and Charlottesville. This, my friend, is Virginia's version of the OC. Orange County, Virginia. God's country for sure, but no big McMansions here. Horse farms and people who want to get out of the busy life.















Route 29 South between Charlottesville and Lynchburg. I *think* this is Afton Mountain, which is near Wintergreen, our version of ski country. Always a beautiful view.












View on the way to my mom's house - the edge of the Blue Ridge Parkway and the Peaks of Otter. They're no Rocky Mountain high, but they're where I grew up.












I went to my brother's soccer game, this is the same stadium I played in. It's been improved, but it's still the same old JF.








At the lake in my new hat.















At my dad's lake house. It was kind of a bad weather kind of day, but it looks pretty. I can't wait for warmer weather. The big steamboat-like thing is the Virginia Dare, it's docked by my house and goes out for dinner cruises. I've suddenly realized that I've never been on it. It reminds me of the Stone Mountain formal cruise we took one year for my sorority in college. I don't think the Dare does quite as booze-filled cruises as that, but I still want to do it.

No comments: