Wednesday, April 30, 2008

I got a new haircut ...

Hair sucks for me up here. The reality is that I've never found a stylist in Philly that I liked, and for the past six months, I've been cutting my OWN hair because it just saved money. I had a couple bucks burning a hole in my pocket today, so I went into a place that looked a little swanky on Walnut Street. I was fully prepared to pay $50-75 or so. The "receptionist" said HE would take me right away. Oh gosh.

1. I should have caught the "special $50 highlights" sign. $50 for highlights usually means its a CHEAP place.
2. When the receptionist is also a stylist, it freaks me out. I've seen "Blow Out", the nice places are supposed to PAY someone ELSE to be desk people.
3. Ever heard the saying "never trust a skinny chef"? Put it this way - my stylist was BALD.

I figured he couldn't do any more damage than I had already done, so I let him have at it. I just wanted the ends off, get it shaped up and fixed from my home hack-jobs, and I wanted to discuss getting bangs. He said "well, do you want to just trust me and I'll make it hot?"...sure.

It's uneven, I'm gonna have to get some major touch-up tomorrow, and the bangs are a little too long - I was envisioning the Heidi Klum haircut but longer, I think he took the "longer" part to mean my bangs as well.

Here I am...everyone really likes it so far, so I'm painting the town blonde with my roommate tonight to celebrate and blow the last of the jingle in my pocket.

No, my arm didn't get cut off. It's behind me to steady myself while I pressed the shutter button on this iSight thing...I didn't know until tonight it was also a VIDEO camera!

On a side note, my big writing project - the "how to quit your job and go do what you love" series, starts tomorrow. I also have a Friday deadline for another site that I write for that I haven't even STARTED. And yet, I'm going out drinking. I never learn.

3 comments:

Mel said...

Ooooohhh...I can't wait for the "how to quit your job and do what you learn series since I think that is something I am going to have to figure out in the next few years...I was actually going to post something about it soon...when I get more time and can write a post instead of just replying!!

Drena said...

I like the haircut lots! I even like the longer bangs. You are one itty bitty bitch! :)

Patrick Kelly said...

my girlfriend had a similar problem with finding a stylist in Philly. Now she swears by The Alley Hair Salon. it's apparently a strange place. read about it on yelp: http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-alley-hair-salon-philadelphia#hrid:u2r_2yzQEuxd7yHNo0da9A/query:hair
also, not sure how you feel about software piracy, but if you really want the Creative Suite and don't have the bread, you should just download Azureus, azureus.com, and search adobe cs3 on piratebay.org. it's not too difficult