Wednesday, April 30, 2008

He's Just Not That Into You...

These two little birdies sit out on my deck every morning and I've started watching them...because when you're old, you pick up bird-watching.

The male, on the left, is Andy Warhol. The female, on the right, is Edie Sedgwick. Who knows, though, I do live on the edge of the Gayborhood, so they could be two males or two females. Since Andy Warhol was gay, I figure it's a little appropriate.

What I find interesting:

Edie follows Andy all over the place at first. He barely pays attention to her. They fight a little for food, even the stuff SHE got herself. Then she gets frustrated and goes over to the other side of the deck. Andy flies off. Edie flies off. Andy comes back. Edie's not there. He leaves again. Edie comes back and just chills out. Andy comes back, Edie takes off as soon as he gets there, and Andy takes off again, all sad. Edie comes back again, then Andy comes back again. Edie ignores Andy. Andy tries to get close to her, she goes and plays on the other side, Andy follows. Andy teases her and pesters her until they finally just make up and sit on the deck together and watch the Magic Garden.

This happens every day.

I don't see a nest, so I think they're past the child-bearing years, or maybe they're just a DINK (Double Income No Kids) demographic. Either way...

Edie, stop taking his shit.

Don't waste the pretty.

He's just not that into you.

Take it from me.

4 comments:

m said...

I hope this is not inspired by any current situations...

Mollypants said...

Ha! No, no current situations, I'm a solo Edie these days!

Drena said...

ahhh, you sorta have love birds too! Maybe they are an old couple that actually drive each other mad but they also can't live apart.

Mollypants said...

I've been asked this already (how are these people emailing me?)...
How do I know which one's a male? Bio 101 - the male has more markings and colorings, in almost every animal in nature. Even in humans, women are less likely to have naturally bright hair. The exception? Cats. Calico cats are all female.