Friday, September 26, 2008

a Twitter success story and BIG changes.

I had heard of people saying that companies are on the lookout on Twitter - that they cruise it looking for disgruntled customers, etc. I hadn't really been disgruntled, but I was recently having problems getting my website to work from my domain name. I use iWeb to design my site, MobileMe to host my site, and I have my site registered at goDaddy. Sound confusing? It is. MobileMe gives me space, and from what I understood, I was supposed to just get GoDaddy to point visitors at www.mollyharrington.com to my MobileMe site, http://web.me.com/mollyharrington/Site_2/Home.html. I tried a few different options, mainly the one that MobileMe told me to use, and was told each time "give it 48 hours". Never worked. I got frustrated one day and just put out a tweet: "Can SOMEONE help me point to my iWeb site from goDaddy?" Lo and behold...I got a call from godaddy, or more specifically, one of their tech support guys. Yes, CUSTOMER SERVICE CALLED ME. No waiting on hold, no third-world incomprehensible accent - he called me and walked me through it (I'd have NEVER figured it out on my own) and even pulled out his own iPhone to test it to make sure that the domain was pointing to the correct site. I'm fairly certain this man is good-looking to boot, because in that moment, I had a bit of a crush on him.

So anyway, it works now! PLEASE send anyone you know to www.mollyharrington.com to see it.

Also...though things have been back and forth for quite a while, I have a decision on post-October 15! My cousin Kate and I are moving to...Carolina. Where? What state? Don't know. Maybe Charlotte, maybe Charleston, maybe Raleigh...we're scoping things out. I'm leaning toward the north (more thriving art community, a bit cheaper and closer to home) and Kate's down there right now seeing what she sees. She went to Charleston today and will be in Charlotte tomorrow and Raleigh after that. Very excited to be living in the South again!

1 comment:

Drena said...

Awesome customer service story and glad you are heading closer to all of us!