Saturday, September 27, 2008

They don't make movie stars like Paul Newman anymore...

When I was about 11, my mom rented The Sting from the public library for my sister and brother and I to watch when we were staying inside the day of a big swim meet one summer. I don't remember actually enjoying the movie, but man...I enjoyed that Paul Newman. I think it's where my "Molly loves herself some blonde boys" streak began. I mean seriously, just LOOK at him:
But all good things must come to an end...so sad to hear of Newman passing away. Remember how people always said that A River Runs Through It was Robert Redford sort of passing the torch of that kind of actor onto Brad Pitt? I had heard that The Sting and Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid was the same for Paul Newman to Robert Redford. I'm sorry, Brad, even without the whole Angelina mess, you will NEVER fill these shoes.

No comments: