Thursday, September 11, 2008

SWF ISO 1BR - CHEAP!

I've been working like mad to get things lined up to move by October 15, which is even closer than I thought now that my current landlord has found new tenants for this place. I'm a little frazzled, but I have at least made a few decisions. Since things are insanely stupid with Lynchburg, I'm going to stay in Philly for a little while longer, save some hard-core money, then decide where the heck I'm going to go. Maybe California, maybe DC, maybe...who knows. This is great, since now I actually have an idea of what lies ahead, but in the meantime, finding an actual place and getting myself moved is turning out to be difficult. Moving is going to be tough even if I move across the street since I don't have a car, and since I weigh all of 95-100 lbs, I have to draft help to move my stuff. As I don't have a boyfriend or a husband or a football team at my disposal, and as my dad thinks it's absolutely stupid that I should ever need an ounce of help in moving things (you should have seen the fit over Boston to Lynchburg, which is the only move he's ever helped on), I'm on my own. I'm pretty worried about how the HELL a sleeper couch is going to go down two flights of stairs, especially since the jewelry armoire itself almost killed me on the last move.

That's the least of my concerns right now though.

I'm still trying to find a place to live. I think.

I know, weird, right? Well, I found someone a week or so ago who was looking for 2 roommates for their 6 bedroom house, which I responded to pretty quickly and wanted to get over to go take a look at. It seems like a really good setup, really reminds me of where I lived in my last semester at college, the people that I met seem nice and are actually open to the Colonel coming as well, much to the chagrin of my mom, who has fallen in love with him in the meantime. The rent's cheap, it's close to the subway, and there's just about always someone home. Sounds great, right?

Yeah, apparently others thought so too. I went to see the house yesterday afternoon and found out that they're deciding between me and one other girl. So of course I get all quiet and proper and aloof and say the wrong thing probably every other sentence. They said they would give me a shout last night as to whether or not they'd let me move in, but I never heard from anyone. It could take a longer amount of time than they thought, talking to the other roommates, all that, I know...

BUT REALLY. I feel like I'm about to get dumped, and I haven't had a date in a bajillion years. Just kind of makes me a little frazzled, I've got to go back to square one now and find myself a place if they have in fact found another roommate. I know, I should have jumped on it, but with my insane schedule over the past week, I haven't been able to do so. Add that to the fact that I was all READY to go do it over Labor Day until they weren't going to be there, and now I just like want to sit down and cry. My roommate now is in the process of buying a house and lost out on an offer last week when it went to another buyer, and when she found out she literally burst into tears...now I'm about to do the same over a West Philly room for rent. Go figure.

:(

1 comment:

Drena said...

wow, sounds like philly housing market is a little better than other places!! I'm jealous!

btw, adam and I will be there on thursday night and day of Friday if you have time to hang out. We'll treat you to a philly at Jim's!