Sunday, September 21, 2008

Small Work #2: Explosions in the Sky, 9/21/08

From Small Works

Another of the Small 8"x10" works. I like doing it, I like limiting myself to an hour, and it makes me do what I need to in a faster manner. I have to admit, about five minutes from the end, I was ready to chuck the whole thing in the trash. I pulled out an old trick - flipping the whole thing upside down - and things made better sense. I'm not crazy about it, but someone told me to think about it like a dog - there's a great home for it somewhere, and the trash isn't it.

The title seems pretty obvious given the colors, but I was listening to the album "All of a Sudden I Miss Everyone" by Explosions in the Sky. You might recognize some of their music from the show Friday Night Lights, I don't think they've ever done a bad tune. When I finished I kinda just went "huh. How coincidental."

There you go. Again, I'm not wild about it, but the only way to get better is to put a few miles of paint down.

No comments: