Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Where the HELL are you, Molly?

I know, I disappeared for a couple of days.

Here's possible reasons for the above, framed in a game...three of the possible reasons are false. One is true. Can you figure out which one is the truth?

1. I was kidnapped by human traffickers. However, when the economy took a hit on even the world's oldest profession, my kidnappers decided to make it a good old-fashioned ransom situation and demanded $1 million from my parents. Taking a cue from O. Henry's "The Ransom of Red Chief", my parents gave them a couple of days and said "We'll tell you what: on Monday, send her back with a case of unmarked $20 bills totalling $1 million, and we'll call it even." I'm back, and my parents are headed to the Cayman Islands to hide their cash.

2. I hit the big time and my entire collection of paintings and drawings was bought by the Metropolitan Museum of Art.

3. I went to the Loony Bin, which has been classified in code-talk as "Happy Camp, Trip One".

4. I really had nothing to write about. My life is boring most days.

No comments: