Thursday, June 26, 2008

Pleasant Surprises...

I'm back in Philly. Though I'm all but done with this city, it's nice to get home.

I've started to note the pleasant surprises I encounter in my life - I'm thinking it will improve the overall happiness level of myself and others.

A few pleasant surprises today:

1. Charlotte has free WiFi in its airport. I haven't traveled too often in the past year, but I didn't remember seeing free WiFi in any major airport in recent years. Kudos to the Queen's City.

2. Delta has gained about 10,000 cool points in my book. My flights were on time, they served REAL snacks (peanuts and cheese and crackers), had TV on demand, and my bag even made my connection - I had assumed it would not since I was a standby passenger with an ultra-narrow connection window. I also got to watch Delta's Safety Video, starring Judd Davis and co-starring the second-most glamorous flight attendant ever. First place goes to Cara Kenney - she must not have been available when they were casting.

3. I came home to $475 in checks and cash that had come in the mail for me, with another $400 due this week. My roommate also left me some money that I had actually forgotten she owed me. Holla!

4. I also found a magazine in the mail. I'll hold a contest for you to guess which one it is.

5. The house was super-clean when I arrived. The feeling of walking into a clean house is second to none!

6. I realized that I haven't had a cigarette in 5 days.

7. I sold a painting without having to negotiate terms or price.

YAY!

6. I

2 comments:

Mel said...

Glad Delta can you get you somewhere on time...I was thankful that might flight was only 30 mins late today instead of 7 hours like the other day, but I did have the brattiest kid sitting behind me who screamed through most of the flight.

That flight attendant was on the Today show on Monday. Natalie was talking about flight attendant training and they talked to her cause she is in charge of it or something. She didn't look quite as glamorous in the interview (but still gorgeous). I have to admit that when I see that video it does make me smile to see Judd.

Carrie Davis said...

So glad everything worked out for you yesterday. I went standby yesterday to fly home to PA, and I made it too!

@Melissa - if you are flying Comair/ASA - they are consistently late, it's too bad Delta has their name on the planes...