Tuesday, December 30, 2008

What was in the box?


A really purty gee-tar. I really really really like it. I can't play it worth a lick, but we'll see about that one. I'm left-handed, but I want to learn to do SOMETHING right-handed, so I'm doing the old-fashioned righty. I had no idea, though. He randomly heard me say one time that I wanted to learn more about it, and he heard me say that I at the least knew how to read music and played the violin when I was really little. For the record, I have also played the flute, the piano, and the clarinet as well, so we'll see if I can get anything beyond an advanced beginner level on my fifth instrument.

As for what I got him, I had to wait a while before I could post this, of course. I painted'ed him a little pitcha. Here you go.

I was really worried that he wouldn't like it (I have had a few bad experiences giving paintings as gifts, so I really don't do it often) as I was worried that the colors might be a bit girly, but he said he loved it. Since for some odd reason the elephant looks a little like Colonel Mustard, we decided to call it General Mustard. Also because he's yellow, so there you go. As for why an elephant...well, he's ended up sort of collecting them over the years, probably started from having a stuffed elephant as a kid. Not exactly a huge collection, but when he went to Thailand he picked up an elephant figurine, and I seem to notice the repeating of it every now and then in his stuff.

2 comments:

Drena said...

like the elephant lots!

Mel said...

The elephant looks great. I also, would love to learn the guitar. Craig has a few and promised to teach me when I moved :-) Good luck!