Thursday, December 4, 2008

Trying

to be happier, see?

I saw this on my RSS reader and really liked it.



Marc and Angel Hack Life
Practical Tips for Productive Living



December 1st, 2008 @ 8:29 am by: Marc
What We All Want To Be When
We Grow Up

Find what makes you happy

When I was in elementary school my parents told me it didn’t matter what I did when I grew up, so long as it made me happy. “Happiness is the whole point of life”, my father said. “Your mother loves to help people, so she became a nurse. I love reading, writing and poetry, so I became an English teacher. We both find happiness in the work we do each day.”

A few years later when I was in junior high, my grumpy 6th grade homeroom teacher put me in detention for “being difficult”. She went around the classroom and asked each student what they wanted to be when they grew up. When she got to me, I told her I wanted to be happy. She told me I was missing the whole point of the question. I told her she was missing the whole point of life.

What do we all want to be when we grow up? Happy… that is all. Find what makes you happy and do it until you die.

No comments: