Thursday, July 3, 2008

What does my dream mean?

I had the oddest dream last night that involved the following elements:

1. A plane that crashed shortly after landing. But we were all cool with it, and we were more concerned with getting to our destination (Myrtle Beach, SC for some reason - I haven't even been there since I was probably 13 or so) than with the fact that we had just crashed a plane.

2. A very crowded Burger King at breakfast. They didn't have any numbers on the menu for the value meals, and when I asked for my breakfast, I couldn't remember the word for "sausage" or "bacon" or "biscuits and gravy" - which I've never really had - and when I finally got it out by describing it, the people wouldn't take my order because they said I had to give them the number of what I wanted. There was also some sort of focaccia pizza that I kept calling Pizzacata, which is actually the name of a restaurant here in Philly - that doesn't serve pizza on focaccia/Northern Italy-style, it's served Neopolitan-style.

3. A midget. I don't know why, but the midget was there. This scares me, because I had a dream a couple of months ago that I had to go to someone's wedding with a midget as my date, and he was really mean to me. I didn't even like him in the least bit, but everyone thought he was the coolest person that has ever lived. I hereby apologize to the little people/dwarfism sufferers/vertically-challenged community if I've just offended, I don't know what the proper term is. His stature had nothing to do with why I didn't like him in my dream, he was just MEAN.

4. The city of Charlottesville, Virginia. I haven't been there in two years.

5. The people I went to Cancun with on Spring Break of my senior year of college. Ryan J, Natalie M, Traci R, Leslie C, and a bunch of guys from Traci's boyfriend's fraternity. I have no idea what was going on, but they were all there. With the exception of hearing from Traci every once in a while on IM/Facebook and Nat and Ryan being facebook friends, I haven't talked to any of them since I left UGA.

Anyone got any ideas of what this means? I was painting a very vivid, high contrast painting very late until when I went to bed, so I think my my mind thought it was in some sort of hallucinatory state.

No comments: