Friday, July 25, 2008

Weekend update...going down the shore

So yes, my post from yesterday was supposed to be posted thursday morning but then didn't post til Friday, and then I just changed the date back. So I went on the date Thursday, not Friday, so it wasn't two dates on two nights (had a couple people who seem to love not commenting ask me). Yeah, two dates in two nights might be a little much for me. I'd be the Carrie Bradshaw of Philadelphia, which is NOT the case. It's Anyway, yes, went on the date. I had met him earlier in the week (a mutual friend had randomly insisted he set us up, which I'm now glad I accepted), but seeing as how I was so hopped up on antibiotics earlier in the week, it was kind of a first date. Anyway, very nice guy, I had a lot of fun. He came over after he got off work at the hospital, and as I'm always late in getting ready, my roommate entertained him while I finished getting ready. And by "entertained" him, I mean gave him the third degree, but hey, that's her job. We had a drink or two with her at home, then we had a long dinner at a restaurant called Mixto in my neighborhood. All in all, a good date. Melissa came downstairs this morning (she went to bed early last night) and just goes "Good Morning, Molly, I LIKED him. Really. Like way more than anyone else that you've introduced me to. Hell, I like him more than anyone whose come to this house for EITHER of us." I laughed at that one. Granted, only two other guys have ever met her through going out on a date with me anyway, but I'll take it. And no, she won't go stealing anything. We may share clothes and gallons of milk, but definitely not dates.

Well, that's it for that story...I had to rewrite that a few times to make sure that everything I just wrote was:

a) from my perspective only.
b) not revealing of anything about him, and
c) everything he already knows anyway.

He's seen this and knows I write it (has actually complimented me on my writing, which is nice to hear) - and though I try to live and/or document my life in the same way regardless of who knows I'm writing about it, I DO, believe it or not, strive to protect anonymity of those who are not as public as some of us who have these blogs, and wouldn't want anyone to go figuring things out that I was thinking exclusively from my writing. If I've got the kahonays to reveal things about the way I feel about specific people online, I try to make sure it's something I've already had the nerve to tell directly to them. Seems to be a good way to operate.

I sat around and was exhausted yesterday - I didn't get much sleep on Thursday night. My roommate and I are kind of sick of the fact that we seem to be the most out-of-shape people we know, so we decided to go walking on the Schuylkill River Trail first thing today. It's about 15 blocks from our house, then we walked all the way to the Art Museum and past Boathouse Row on the trail. By my estimation, we walked a total of 7 miles. I'll be hurting tomorrow, but we had a great time enjoying the day.

Tomorrow we're taking off for the Jersey Shore, and I REALLY need to pack. My roommate's grandmother has a house for the week and Melissa is taking the whole week off and randomly invited me. While I feel a little guilty tagging along for the whole week, we're excited. We're going to Ocean City, where I have yet to go down at the shore. It's one of the more classic shore towns, with a boardwalk and all that stuff. Last summer, I lived in Avalon, which is only a short distance away, and we're probably going to go out a few nights in Sea Isle City. I know, I've bitched about New Jersey quite a bit, but I DO enjoy the shore. Even though I haven't been in ten years, I'd love to surf again at least once before I leave.

In "I can't believe I'm related to someone who can accomplish this sort of thing" news, my cousin Kate is due to blow everyone out of the water when she takes the Delaware Bar Exam on Monday through Wednesday of this week, capping off her success as a Cum Laude graduate from Law School in May. Send good thoughts her way, she's quite stressed about it. I have no idea how people do that kind of thing. Taking my financial and insurance licensing exams was difficult enough - I have no idea how I'd pass the bar, or for that matter, law school. But I AM looking forward to getting my cousin and bestest friend in the whole world back where she belongs - out playing with me. She's thinking of going down and taking the Cape May-Lewes Ferry over to Cape May, NJ and meeting us at the shore, or we might do the reverse and go see her. I'm very excited - I haven't been to my favorite place on earth yet. Yes, I'm speaking of The Rusty Rudder. You just haven't experienced the good life til you've been there. So it'll be a pretty neat week, I hope we'll have a whole helluva lot of fun. Good Luck, Kate!

In the spirit of the shore, I give you my favorite cover band, Mr Greengenes, at Sea Isle's Ocean Drive, affectionately known as The OD, home of the world-famous No Shower Happy Hour. If anyone's up at the shore or over at the Beach in Delaware, give a shout.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Molly!!
Enjoyed the Friday blog...Well met,well represented and tasteful.
Hope you are having a great time at the beach and the weather is cooperating (who really cares, you are at the beach!!)
Hope to see you soon,
NOVA ;)

Drena said...

So is the new dude a doctor? Have fun at the beach.

Mollypants said...

Dear Anonymous/NoVA:
SoVA for life.
Sincerely,
Girl from LynchVegas.