Friday, January 9, 2009

Queen City Night, part 2.


My contribution to Melissa's Natural Light 325 Project today. I swear, at this point, I'm willing to beg, barter or steal for a decent SLR camera. It won't let you adjust the focus or the shutter speed without making it STILL a little bit automatic. I like the project, really, I do, but it's really convincing me that I need an SLR. If I can't focus in something like this - I was attempting to focus on the skyline, to no avail - I don't even want to contemplate how it's affecting accurately capturing my artwork. I do like that it's making me learn the stuff that I've been trying to learn by making me take a bajillion pictures to get one right. Next week I might cheat and put one up of a night scene I did in 2003 when I HAD an SLR. Man, I loved that camera.

2 comments:

Shaye said...

Looks good to me...I take the WORST pictures!!!

jayandcourtney said...

do you have any particular SLRs in mind? i need to start shopping for one as well but have no idea where to begin