Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanks

I just set the table and the turkey's cooking, so I thought I'd do my little thankful list like everyone else has:

1. Health: I've quit smoking, weathered a much-needed surgery and I still fit into my skinny jeans. I could use a few pounds of muscle and some exercise, but I'm in the 90th percentile of good blood pressure, cholesterol and all that stuff. According to my physical a year and a half ago, I've got iron off the charts and all my vitamins and minerals are in place. Something we all take for granted, but given my endless sinus infection from last month, it's good to be thankful for.

2. A sharp mind: I can still complete the New York Times Crossword before most people I know, and our team won at trivia last night. Wicked smahts do us well.

3. I'm BACK in the South! I don't have to shovel snow but maybe once a year, I've got ten months of balmy weather and I have cheaper gas.

4. I've lost interest in the things that cost a whole bunch of money. Don't get me wrong, if Santa put an SLR Camera or an iPhone under my tree I wouldn't complain, but in the long run, it's not what makes you happy.

5. Good family: I live with my cousin and best friend, and I've gotten closer with a couple of my brothers and my sister and mom over the last year. Yay for that.

6. Reconnections with old friends, maintaining the new ones: I've gotten to know a bunch of my college friends a helluva lot better since we all started these things, and I think just about every really close friend of mine is now on Facebook and connected with me in some sort of manner. It's virtually impossible to lose touch now, right?

7. A damn good dog. I miss Colonel Mustard, but I'm sure he's having a great old time stalking the gravy boat at my mom's house.

8. An art career that starts to surprise me with happy news...I sold a painting this week and have a few really good leads in Charlotte for getting some gallery showings. Very happy for that.

Now that I've waxed poetic, I'm gonna go put my face on and then get ready to EAT!

1 comment:

Drena said...

Sounds like a good year!