Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Still kicking...


I'm sitting on my couch right now, exhausted, and it's 5:00. This used to be my prime hour - even in the corporate world - where I got my third or fourth wind. Now I just want to go to bed.

I took all of one of my medications for my "sinus infection" and on day 7 of 14 for the antibiotic. I think they all wipe you out to some extent, but I am feeling a little rundown overall. I got lots of work done yesterday and today, including a mockup of a business card for portraiture, but I can't really focus on anything without just wanting to go to sleep. Not really running a fever, but I honestly wouldn't know anyway, I don't even own a thermometer. I feel somewhat better after the five day steroid, but I don't know if it's because I'm actually getting better or if it's because I'm taking narcotic painkillers for it. If I feel the pain coming on, I take a half of a pill or a whole pill, just because I don't want to sit through 30 minutes of full-blown pain waiting for it to kick in. Now it's just an overall headache whenever I get the pain (which is convincing me more and more that it's not a tooth/dental thing), and to top it all off, I'm having trouble sleeping. You'd think that fatigue would indicate a good 12 hour sleep, but no. I've had maybe 4 hours at a time for the past three nights.

So anyway, I'm still fighting SOMETHING, and I suppose my dental appointment will reveal if there's some sort of cyst in my sinuses like I had originally thought. If not...I guess I'll get bloodwork or go see the Ear Nose Throat doc before I leave for Thanksgiving. I was already having a headache when I baby-sat for Caroline and Owen a couple weeks ago, and Caroline was already sick at that point, so I don't think that either of us gave it to the other, but Meghan now has me worried about the Epstein-Barr virus, so I've been WebMD'ing everything in sight. Yes, I know, I'm crazy. I already had Mono in high school (I think you can't get it again), so I may just have some sort of virus that's getting to me.

The Jolly Green Giant is here and we've been having a lot of fun. My sister came to town Monday night, and we all hung out at my house. The next day, we sat around the house, me and the Giant worked, then we all went to have dinner at the pub and then to the bar near my house for drinks. I hadn't gotten that drunk in a while - I was hung over ALL day yesterday. Tomorrow we're going to Lynchburg to visit with my mom and probably my grandmother, and I'll show him the town I grew up in for a little under 24 hours.

Picture's of the two best-looking guys in Charlotte these days - the Giant and his Sprout, Colonel Mustard. They are rather cute, if I do say so myself.

2 comments:

m said...

glad you are having fun! need to call you. i miss selwyn pub. maybe we can all meet up sometime for a drink.

glad you had the disclaimer "two of the best" - kind of have another two over here!

Drena said...

those look like mighty big feet!! :)