Friday, October 10, 2008

Really need help now!

So now I'm freaking out. When I didn't have a place to live, any source of income, any idea of where I would be living, I was cool as a cucumber. I now have a house, a lease, a fenced-in yard, and even a U-Haul reservation...

And I feel a panic attack just brewing.

I have to pick up my trailer on October 13, load it, drive it down to Charlotte, unload it. Sound easy? That's a negative, ghostrider. First, I live on a ONE WAY STREET. Parking is LIMITED, at best. I have two experiences with trailers - one, where I towed a boat that fishtailed and pulled me off the road. Two, where the infamous Eric Forsyth jacknifed the trailer/truck on the move from Atlanta. Oh, and three, where the guy hired to drive my truck (I refused to do so, because I'd kill myself doing it) blew out a tire while towing a trailer to Philadelphia from Virginia. I'm terrified of towing. I can't turn corners, and I can't reverse. Yet I've got to somehow get this sucker backed up to my door. My house is surrounded by one lane streets.
I can handle the actual HIGHWAY, but Philly? I'm seriously already in tears.

That and my house is just NEVER going to be packed. I have THREE days. Oh, and I have no idea how I'm going to even THINK about getting it unloaded in Charlotte.

Please pardon me while I go have a panic attack.

1 comment:

Drena said...

just go slow. Maybe you gals met some nice men while visiting Charlotte and could call on them to help out???? Especially if drinks were provided while unloading!