Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Marysia Charleston...beautiful stuff!


I wanted to share this with all y'all...because really, Southern women are dying for an excuse to shop. You can find her line at specialty boutiques in the South, and you're going to see more and more of them popping up in all kinds of places. I'm recommending this for two reasons - one, I love it, and I appreciate good design, and two, because she's a fantastically great person that reminds me so much of Laura. My dear cousin Laura, as many of you know, died tragically in a car accident on Christmas Eve of 2003. If you've ever seen my one and only tattoo, you know it's for her. At Laura's funeral, her lovely friend Marysia came up to me and introduced herself. Marysia, a girl for whom the adjective "willowy" was invented, is a beautiful icy Eastern European blonde, has an amazing story of meeting and marrying her husband. They moved to LA, then Marysia interned in New York, and finally they settled in Charleston SC with their adorable baby girl, Elle - little Laura shoutout if you know the tattoo! Marysia has kept up with Kate and me over the years - Kate just got back from visiting her. Marysia's a total doll, and has found AMAZING success with her own line of swimwear based out of Charleston, SC.

Oh, and Marysia and Nate's home has been featured in Charleston Magazine, and it's effing gorgeous. Marysia, if you'd ever like someone to come and be Elle-nanny and art-maker, consider the position filled. Check out the article - I want just one of those vintage surfboards so I can fashion a long art table out of it. To all my surfer friends, no, I'd never HURT a board, I'd just build around it. Jeez.

2 comments:

m said...

I need to find one of those kids bathing suits for Caroline. I love little kids in bikinis!

On the subject of Charleston designers another great is Katherine McDonald of LulaKate.com. She has two shops (one is her office and more sale stuff) and actually met her when we went for our anniversary, but did not realize she was the owner/designer. She is really nice and from Charlotte. Highly recommend if you are in Charleston stopping by and checking out her stuff!

Mollypants said...

I'll let Marysia know, I'm sure she'll be happy to point you on where to go. She's sort of our Meghan for charleston - the one that if we move there is one of our little established tour guides ;)