Friday, February 20, 2009

WOW.



Yes, beautiful ring, I love it. No, it's not mine, so stop jumping to conclusions. It's just an image from the website of a girl that I went to high school with, Amy Martin. I saw a status update regarding photography from her the other night on facebook and decided to click through, and I found her website and am amazed at the talent and skills she has. I felt like emailing her and saying "I'm not even engaged, but I want you to photograph my wedding. And if I never get married, I might just put on a white dress and have you come take pretty pictures anyway."

I know famous and/or talented people come from every walk of life, all the way down to little ole' Bedford County, Virginia, but I was just floored after seeing her site - I mean really, how is it even possible for someone to go to where I went to high school - with the world's crappiest darkroom run by a teacher who knew next to nothing about photography other than what was in the pamphlet on "how to put together a shitty yearbook" - and manage to get to that level? Well, yes, I know - talent plus hard work and many years of blood, sweat and tears multiplied by even harder work. I know that, but still, it makes me a little happy inside to see a good person from back home doing well.

If you read this, Amy, fantastic work, and please update your blog as often as possible so I can stalk the heck out of it. Oh yeah...and I apologize for stealing your picture there, but I linked it to your site, if you want it removed, I'll do so immediately.

1 comment:

Amy Martin said...

You're too awesome!! :) Thanks so much for your sweet words!