Thursday, February 5, 2009

Since I've sounded like a big old crankypants lately...

I need to list the things that I AM thankful for right now.

1. The house is clean. Suddenly I've become a clean freak lately. I won't fight it.
2. My boyfriend comes to visit for at LEAST 12 days tomorrow. I haven't seen him in three weeks, I think this is the longest we've gone since we started dating in September.
3. I splurged and bought a cafe curtain to hang in my front door window. When we first got here, my cousin masking-taped a blue flannel sheep-printed pillowcase to the window for privacy. My boyfriend said that it looked like we were trying to hide the fact that we were cooking meth in the house. I finally couldn't stand to look at it anymore, and now the room looks 1,000 times better with an actual curtain.
4. I finally put the blue silk duvet that I bought three years ago to good use.
5. I am two more movies into watching all the best picture winners. Deer Hunter was scary and depressing, Platoon was all right. Hopefully no more war movies for a while - next up is Unforgiven. I love Clint Eastwood, so I hope I'll like it.
6. I rediscovered my love of a good old-fashioned heating pad. Not sick or sore, just love it.
7. My dog has been so good this week. He has wanted to just snuggle and hasn't barked at the neighbors as much.
8. My dad is shipping the old antique Zapruder-looking camera I bought at the Goodwill to me. I'm excited about it, even if it ends up being a knick-knack on the table.
9. I lined up my Valentine's present for the bf. I haven't ever had a Valentine's day other than maybe freshman or sophomore year of college, and I really wanted to get him something since he did so well with my Christmas present and my birthday present (I will post this when he gets here, because I need him to get it going). I am really really excited about what I'm giving him for Valentine's Day, and I'm really hoping I can line up the biggest part of it.
10. My friend Chris is coming to visit this weekend. He's finally going to meet the bf, which is nice because I think they'll get along and both of them are so much fun.

Okay that's about all the niceties you'll get out of me for a bit. Back to my cranky pants.

-Molly Pants.

2 comments:

Carrie Davis said...

Thanks Molly Pants! I'm glad there is some good. I hope you have a WONDERFUL time with the bf.

Drena said...

what is a cafe curtain?