Wednesday, February 18, 2009

my goal for this economy

Since my financial goals from my 101 will probably never happen until people start hiring or buying art, I've whittled it down to one.

Just once. Just once. I'd like to be able to walk into Anthropologie again and buy something I love. I hate to be Debbie Downer again - really, I'm thankful I can at least pay the rent (for now), and I still have semi-marketable skills and a good resume (at least Melissa tells me so!) and I don't have a mortgage hanging over my head, so I know I'm better off than 90% of the underemployed workforce out there - but since I can use this blog to vent, I will. I know it's superficial and all that, but I really MISS shopping at stores that weren't Target or the Goodwill. Hell, I miss shopping at Target without guilt over a $20 pair of pants.

That's all, go about your daily business. I feel better.

2 comments:

Mel said...

This just reminded me that I need to look at my list of 101 goals...wonder what I had on there for finance....

Drena said...

i hear ya. We've had a good few months but I think we are scared to spend a dime since we don't know how long it has to last.