Thursday, April 9, 2009

A new section of the interweb, just for Molly.


I've started a blog for my training for the marathon...it's called...
The Mollython. Well, actually, 26.2 Miles of Molly, but you can find it at www.mollython.blogspot.com.

Come watch me complain about the fact that I actually paid money to put myself through this torture. I will post on here too, but I figured I'd take Carrie's lead and separate some things.

I already mentioned it on the other blog, but I missed my first day of training this past Sunday. For the record, there was no way I could have run 3 miles - I wanted to go to the Art Museum with Dan, and I had to leave to fly back to Charlotte at 5, getting home around midnight after a layover in Atlanta. I had no access to a shower after noon, so I skipped it. Lesson learned? It's MUCH easier to just plan ahead and do it rather than fight all week to make it up. I have a rest day tomorrow, which I'm using to make up that three miles. Sucks, but I'm glad the weather will be nice for once!

Picture is from my camera, but Dan took it at the race. It's of a Marine who's about 100 years old who carries the flag through the 10k. At the end, when there were stragglers struggling in, he would run up to the top, meet them, give them the flag and have them finish the race carrying the flag. I thought it was cute, and every single person that he gave the flag to ended up running at a full sprint to the finish line. No, I didn't get the flag, but I wasn't that far down from the stragglers myself!

No comments: